The courses listed below provide the academic foundations necessary to enter a rigorous DPT curriculum.
- Applicants must receive a C or better in all prerequisite courses, as well as maintain an overall 3.0 GPA when grades from all prerequisite courses are averaged together.
- Grades from all attempts at prerequisite courses will be averaged into the GPA.
- Five of the 10 prerequisite courses must be completed by the end of the summer term prior to submitting your application.
- Prerequisite courses must be taken at an accredited college or university.
- AP and IB coursework is accepted provided the courses are listed on your college transcript.
- Completion of prerequisite coursework within the last seven years.
Chemistry – General College Chemistry I and II with labs (Introductory Chemistry courses DO NOT fulfill this requirement)
Physics – General College Physics I and II with labs
Psychology – Two semesters of psychology including General Psychology and one additional psychology course. Suggested courses include Developmental Psychology, Child Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, or Psychology of Disability
Statistics – One semester of Introductory Statistics
Biology (One of the following three sequences should be met)
- Two semesters of General Biology with labs AND one semester of Human Physiology with lab (Human Physiology lab is preferred, but not required; Exercise Physiology is not acceptable)
- One semester of General Biology with lab AND two semesters of Human Anatomy and Physiology with labs
- One semester of General Biology with lab AND one semester of Anatomy with lab AND one semester of Human Physiology with lab (Human Physiology lab is preferred, but not required; Exercise Physiology is not acceptable)
Examples of course numbers meeting prerequisites under the Florida common course numbering system are listed below.
- BSC 2010 and 2011 (or 1010 and 1011) with labs for Biology
- PET 2350 or APK 2105C for Human Physiology with lab
- PET 2320C or APK 2100C for Human Anatomy with lab
- BSC 2085, 2086 (or 1085 and 1086) for Human Anatomy/Physiology 1 & 2
- CHM 2045 and 2046 (or 1045 and 1046) with labs for Chemistry
- PHY 2053 and 2054 (or 1053 and 1054) with labs or PHY 2048 and 2049 with labs
- PSY 2012 and DEP 3053 for Psychology
- STA 2023 for Statistics