How can I connect with students from backgrounds similar to my own?
There are a number of ways to get connected to students on campus. We recommend checking out the following resources:
Search for specific student interest groups through Gator Connect.
The Student Activities Center Database is also a good place to search for organizations
What resources are available to support students from diverse backgrounds?
UF Multicultural & Diversity Affairs promotes an inclusive campus community by creating environments in which students learn about themselves and diverse others, engage in meaningful intercultural dialogue, and enhance their leadership and commitment to social justice. UF Multicultural & Diversity Affairs also offers support through the following areas:
How can I request accommodations to support my educational goals?
The best way to request accommodations is to discuss your specific needs with your professors. If your request for accommodations is due to a disability, there are specific instructions available.
What do I do if I am facing discrimination?
UF regulations are in place to address discrimination.
- APTA Statement on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- ACAPT Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Hard Truths Why Only Race-Conscious Policies Can fix Racism in Higher Education
- Anti-Racism Resources
- 2020 Lynda D. Woodruff Lecture by Gregory Hicks
- APTA Diversity, Equity, Inclusion Resources
- Message from President Dunn on Racism and Systemic Inequality in America