2023 Alumni and Friends Scholarship Recipients

Congratulations to DPT Students, Clyde “CJ” Summers and Soofia Hameed-Akhtar who were both chosen as the recipients of the Alumni and Friends Scholarship Award!

Established in 2021, the Alumni and Friends scholarship was founded through a grassroots effort by department faculty, staff, students, and alumni. The fund’s mission is to award scholarships to support DPT first-generation college students who have actively worked to overcome educational, social, or family disadvantages, demonstrate commitment to advancing diversity and inclusion, or have demonstrated academic merit and leadership potential.

CJ Summers

“I am honored to be awarded The UF Alumni & Friends Scholarship. This symbolizes the fruits of my labor in pursuing a career in healthcare. I am passionate about the physical therapy profession, and it feels tremendous that others believe and support my dream.”

“To the donors of this scholarship I would like to thank you for your generosity. Your overwhelming support motivates me to help mentor the next generation of healthcare professionals in the future. Words cannot express how grateful I am to be the recipient of this award.”

Soofia Hameed-Akhtar

Receiving this scholarship means my hardships as a student do not go unnoticed, and I am entirely grateful for that.”

“Thank you so much. Your contribution to my education is not taken lightly, and it is an honor to be chosen to receive this scholarship.”