Berneta Boldin Receives Evans Family Doctor of Physical Therapy Scholarship

The Department of Physical Therapy would like to congratulate Berneta Boldin on receiving the Evans Family Doctor of Physical Therapy Scholarship!

The Evans Family Doctor of Physical Therapy Scholarship supports full tuition and all expenses during the entire DPT program. The scholarship was awarded based on the following criteria: academic achievement, overcoming hardships, financial need, and promise to the physical therapy profession.

2021 Evans Family Doctor of Physical Therapy Scholarship Recipient, Berneta Boldin

How did it feel to receive the news that you were the recipient of this award?

It felt great! I was honestly in shock after receiving the news that I had been chosen for such an honorable award.

In what ways do you think this scholarship will help in the pursuit of a professional career in physical therapy?

This scholarship will not only ease my financial burden but will also allow me to focus solely on my academic studies as I pursue my dream of becoming a Physical Therapist. Attaining this scholarship motivates me to continue to excel both inside and outside of the classroom.

What are your aspirations as a future Doctor of Physical Therapist?

I would like to initially work as a Physical Therapist with local high schools and later transition into collegiate and professional level roles. Once becoming a Physical Therapist, I will give back to my hometown community by implementing monthly recreational health events.

What would you like to say to the donors of this scholarship?

To the donors of this scholarship, words cannot begin to express the amount of gratitude and appreciation that I have for you all. Your efforts and belief in me will not be in vain. Your generosity and commitment to seeing others succeed will forever be with me, and for this, I am forever grateful.

The Department of Physical Therapy would like to thank the Evans family for their stewardship and desire to help the next generation of physical therapy students at the University of Florida. The impact of their generous donation will be life-altering for our students!